- Group A: Atletico Madrid (Spain), Juventus (Italy), Olympiakos (Greece), Malmo (Sweden)
- Group B: Real Madrid (Spain), Basel (Switzerland), Liverpool (England) , Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria)
- Group C: Benfica (Portugal), Zenit St Petersburg (Russia), Bayer Leverkusen (Germany), Monaco (France)
- Group D: Arsenal (England), Borussia Dortmund (Germany), Galatasaray (Turkey), Anderlecht (Netherlands)
- Group E: Bayern Munich (Germany, Manchester City (England), CSKA Moscow (Russia), Roma (Italy)
- Group F: Barcelona (Spain), Paris St-Germain (France), Ajax (Netherlands), APOEL Nicosia (Cyprus)
- Group G: Chelsea (England), Schalke (Germany), Sporting Lisbon (Portugal), Maribor (Slovenia)
- Group H: Porto (Portugal), Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine), Athletic Bilbao (Spain), BATE Borisov (Belarus).
The clubs are split into eight groups of four teams, who play home and away against each of their pool opponents between September and December 2014 to decide which two teams from each section advance to the first knockout round. The third-place finishers in each group enter the UEFA Europa League round of 32.
From the last 16 until the semi-finals, clubs play two matches against each other on a home-and-away basis with the same rules as the qualifying and play-off rounds applied. In the last 16, group winners play runners-up other than teams from their own pool or nation, while from the quarter-finals on the draw is free.
The final is decided by a single match, which will be played at the Olympiastadion, Berlin on Saturday 6 June 2015.